Bui, Huyen Trang
Division of Public Health Laboratory Sciences
- BSc (Hons), PhD
Dr Bui obtained her PhD degree from the School of Public Health, the University of Hong Kong in 2017. She previously investigated the tissue tropism and pathogenesis of influenza B virus in human and swine respiratory systems. Her current research extends towards the study of host-virus interactions of other emerging respiratory viruses, including highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) H5N1 and H7N9 viruses and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS‐CoV), with the use of human ex-vivo respiratory tract explant cultures and in-vitro primary human respiratory system cell cultures.
- Hui P.Y., Cheung M.C., Perera R.A.P.M., Ng K.C., Bui H.T., Ho C.W.J., Ng M.M.T., Kuok I.T., Shih K.C., Tsao G.S.W., Poon L.M.L., Peiris J.S.M., Nicholls J.M. and Chan M.C.W. (2020). “Tropism, replication competence, and innate immune responses of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 in human respiratory tract and conjunctiva: an analysis in ex-vivo and in-vitro cultures.” Lancet Respir Med, 8(7), 687-695.
- Bui H.T., Chan R., NG M.T., Cheung M.C., Ng K.C., Chan M.P.K., Chan L.L.Y., Fong J.H.M., Nicholls J.M., Peiris J.S.M. and Chan M.C.W. (2019). “Tropism of influenza B viruses in human respiratory tract explants and airway organoids.” Eur Respir J, 54(2).
- Chan L.Y., Hui P.Y., Kuok I.T., Bui H.T., Ng K.C., Mok K.P., Yang Z., Guan W., Poon L.M.L., Zhong N., Peiris J.S.M., Nicholls J.M. and Chan M.C.W. (2019). “Risk Assessment of the Tropism and Pathogenesis of the Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A/H7N9 Virus Using Ex Vivo and In Vitro Cultures of Human Respiratory Tract.” J Infect Dis, 220(4), 578-588.
- Chan L.Y., Bui H.T., Mok K.P., Ng M.M.T., Nicholls J.M., Peiris J.S.M., Chan M.C.W. and Chan W.Y. (2016). "Evaluation of the human adaptation of influenza A/H7N9 virus in PB2 protein using human and swine respiratory tract explant cultures." Sci Rep, 6, 35401.
- Hui P.Y., Kuok I.T., Kang S.R., Li H.S., Ng M.M.T., Bui H.T., Peiris J.S.M., Chan W.Y. and Chan M.C.W. (2015). "Modulation of sterol biosynthesis regulates viral replication and cytokine production in influenza A virus infected human alveolar epithelial cells." Antiviral Res, 119, 1-7.