Dr Hugo Cogo-Moreira joined the School of Public Health in 2020. His PhD thesis (2012, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Department of Psychiatry) was awarded as one of the three best PhD thesis in Medical area in the whole country, studying the effectiveness of music education on language skills among children with reading difficulties living in impoverished areas (favelas) of Sao Paulo. Part of his PhD studies and training in applied biostatistics were conducted at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine under supervision of Prof. George Ploubidis. His main interest involves psychometrics (development and validation of test, scales, inventories) and design and analysis of randomized clinical trial under complex situations as non-adherence, missing data, and multilevel structure. From 2018 to 2020, he was senior research fellow of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation working on advances in longitudinal data modeling at Free University of Berlin (Division of Methods and Evaluation) working with Prof. Michael Eid.
- Cogo-Moreira H, Krance SH, Black SE, Herrmann N, Lanctôt KL, MacIntosh BJ, Eid M, Swardfager W. Questioning the meaning of a change on the Alzheimer’s Disease Assessment Scale-Cognitive subscale (ADAS-Cog); non-comparable scores and item-specific effects over time. Assessment. [JCR IF = 3.706; In “Psychology, Clinical “discipline, it ranks 14th out of 130 Journals].
- Cogo-Moreira H, Swardfager W. On Mediation Models in Clinical Neurology Studies. JAMA Neurology 2019; 76: 116-7. [JCR IF= 13.6; In “Clinical Neurology” discipline, it ranks 5th out of 199 journals].
- Valente JY, Cogo-Moreira H, Swardfager W, Sanchez ZM. A latent transition analysis of a cluster randomized controlled trial for drug use prevention. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 2018; 86: 657-65. [JCR IF= 4.632, In “Clinical Psychology” discipline, it ranks 9th out of 131 journals].
- Swardfager W, Cogo-Moreira H, Masellis M, Ramirez J, Herrmann N, Edwards JD, Saleem M, Chan P, Yu D, Nestor SM, Scott CJM, Holmes MF, Sahlas DJ, Kiss A, Oh PI, Strother SC, Gao F, Stefanovic B, Keith J, Symons S, Swartz RH, Lanctot KL, Stuss DT, Black SE. The effect of white matter hyperintensities on verbal memory: Mediation by temporal lobe atrophy. Neurology 2018; 90: e673-e82. [JCR IF= 8.77; In “Clinical Neurology” discipline, it ranks 10th out of 199 journals].
- Cogo-Moreira H, Andriolo RB, Yazigi L, Ploubidis GB, Brandao de Avila CR, Mari JJ. Music education for improving reading skills in children and adolescents with dyslexia. Cochrane Database Systematic Review 2012: CD009133. [JCR IF= 7.89; In “General and Internal Medicine” discipline, it ranks 11th out of 160 journals].