Ng, Carmen Stephanie
Division of Health Economics, Policy and Management
- MSPH (Emory), BS (MIT)
Carmen received her Master Degree in Public Health in Health Policy and Health Services Research from Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University and Bachelor’s degree of Science in Brain and Cognitive Sciences from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She joined the School of Public Health as a Research Officer in 2022 and her research covers policy evaluation and health economics.
- Ng CS, Au M, Leung JYY, Leung GM, Tian L, Quan J. The impact of road safety policies in a deregulated alcohol tax environment in Hong Kong: a 15‐year time series analysis. Addiction 2022. https://doi.org/10.1111/add.15866. [IF 6.5 (2020), Rank 3/37 Substance Abuse]
- Quan JC, Ng CS*, Kwok HHY, Zhang A, Yuen YH, Choi CH, Siu SC, Tang SY, Wat NM, Woo J, Eggleston K, Leung GM. “Development and validation of the CHIME simulation model to assess lifetime health outcomes of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes in Chinese populations: A modelling study.” PLOS Medicine. 2021. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1003692 [IF 11.1 (2020), Rank 8/315, Medicine, general & internal]
- Singh K, Xin Y, Xiao Y, Quan J, Kim D, Nguyen TPL, Kondal D, Yan X, Li G, Ng CS, Kang H, Minh Nam H, Mohan S, Yan LL, Shi C, Chen J, Thi Hong Hanh H, Mohan V, Kong S, Eggleston K. Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Chronic Disease Care in India, China, Hong Kong, Korea, and Vietnam. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health. 2022. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/10105395211073052 [IF 1.4 (2020), Rank 171/204, Public, Environmental and Occupational Health]
- Mok T, Kwok HH, Ng CS*, Leung GM, Quan JC. “Health state utility values for type 2 diabetes and related complications in East and Southeast Asia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.” Value in Health 2021. doi: 10.1016/j.jval.2020.12.019 [IF 5.7 (2020), Rank 9/109 Health care science and services].
- Lau YH, Yuen YH, Ng CS, & Quan J. Effectiveness of Early vs. Delayed Pharmacotherapy in Chinese Adults with Type 2 Diabetes: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Diabetes, 70(Supplement 1), 1016-P. 2021 doi: 10.2337/db21-1016-P [IF 9.5 (2020), Rank 11/145, Endocrinology & Metabolism]
- Hibbs BF, Ng CS, Museru O, Moro PL, Marquez PL, Woo EJ, Cano MV, Shimabukuro TT. “Reports of atypical shoulder pain and dysfunction following inactivated influenza vaccine, Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), 2010–2017.” Vaccine, vol 38, no 5, 2019, pp 1137-1143., doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2020.11.023 [IF 3.6 (2020), Rank 99/162 Immunology]
- Hesse E, Shimabukuro TT, Su JR, Hibbs B, Dooling K, Goud R, Lewis P, Ng CS, Cano MV. “Postlicensure Safety Surveillance of Recombinant Zoster Vaccine (Shingrix) – United States, October 2017 – June 2018.” MMWR Morbidity Mortality Weekly Report, 2019, vol 68, no.4, pp. 91 – 94. doi:10.15585/mmwr.mm6804a4 [IF 17.6, Rank 5/374 Public, Environmental & Occupational Health].
- Hause AM, Hesse EM, Ng CS, Marquez PL, McNeil MM, Omer SB. “Association Between Vaccine Exemption Policy Change in California and Adverse Event Reporting.” Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol 39, No 5, pp 369-373., doi: 10.1097/INF.0000000000002585 [IF 2.1 (2020), Rank 69/129 Pediatrics].
- Hesse EM, Atanasoff S, Hibbs BF, Oluwasegun J, Ng CS, Marquez PL, Su HR, Moro PL, Shimabukuro TT, Nair N. “Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA): Petitioner claims to the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, 2010–2016.” Vaccine, vol 38, no 5, 2020 pp 1076-1083., doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2019.11.032 [IF 3.6 (2020), Rank 99/162 Immunology]
- Su JR, Haber P, Ng CS, Marquez PL, Dores GM, Perez-Vilar S, Cano MV. “Erythema multiforme, Stevens Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis reported after vaccination, 1999–2017.” Vaccine, vol 38, no 7, 2020, pp 1746-1752., doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2019.12.028 [IF 3.6 (2020), Rank 99/162 Immunology]