Pang, Fei Chau
Division of Health Economics, Policy and Management
- MBChB, MRCP(UK), FHKAM(Medicine), FHKAM(Community Medicine), FHKCP, FHKCCM, FRACMA, MBA
Dr Pang is the fellow of the Hong Kong College of Community Medicine and Hong Kong College of Physicians. He is also the fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators and registered specialist in administrative medicine as well as geriatric medicine. He is the first Unit Head of the Consulting Unit of the School of Public Health and lead the projects in healthcare manpower planning, fitness for drive assessment for aged drivers of Hong Kong Transport Department and clinical service plan for the Health Bureau of the Macao Special Administrative Region. Dr Pang is now the Honorary Consultant of the Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital.
Before joining HKUMed, Dr Pang was the Head of Human Resources of the Hospital Authority, managing more than forty public hospitals in Hong Kong to provide strategic advice and leadership to the HR function of the public hospitals. Prior to this role, he was the Hospital Chief Executive of the Grantham Hospital and Tung Wah Hospital and had worked in various roles at HA Head Office including Chief Manager of Cluster Services Division and Quality and Safety Division. Dr Pang has over 15 years of working as senior executive in healthcare management and extensive experiences in managing public health crisis. He has master degree in business administration and has special interest in healthcare quality system and professional training development. He had introduced and piloted the ACHS hospital accreditation system in Hong Kong for both public and private hospitals.
He is the current Council Member of the Hong Kong College of Community Medicine, the Council Member of the University of Hong Kong, the censor of the Administrative Medicine Sub-Specialty Board of HKCCM. He has been appointed as assessor of the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards since 2016 and has working experience for Aged Care in Australia. He was a member of Elderly Commission of HKSAR government, Education Committee of the Hong Kong Academic of Medicine, member of the Health Committee of Medical Council of Hong Kong.
- Fei-chau Pang, Pui Hong Chung, Gabriel M Leung. Commentary: Innovating for health in China’s Greater Bay Area. Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention Weekly 2022; 4(1).
- Alastair P. Mah, Kelvin C. Tong, Linda L. Chan, Peter D. Hibbert, Fei-chau Pang. Hong Kong healthcare workers’ coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) concerns: infection control, recognition and Staff wellbeing, duty arrangements. J Hosp Manag Health Policy 2021 | http://dx.doi.org/10.21037/jhmhp-20-142.
- PY Leung, Dr Lawrence Lai, FC Pang, and Annie Au. Leveraging on hospital accreditation for quality improvement in Hong Kong. Building Quality in Health Care, Official Journal of Methodist International and International Hospital Federation 2010; 4 (2): 24-27.
- V Wong, FC Pang. Linking research, policy and action: Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine. Healthcare Management (FORUM) 2006;19(1):21-26.
- Pang FC, Chow TW, Cummings JL et. Effect of neuropsychiatric symptoms of Alzheimer's disease on Chinese and American caregivers. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2002 Jan;17(1):29-34.