Dr. Sun joined School of Public Health in 2017. She obtained her PhD degree in 2016 at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Her doctoral research was a multi-centre clinical trial to evaluate the effectiveness of behavioural activation combined with mindfulness in the treatment of subthreshold depression in primary care. Her interests include mental health, psychotherapy for depression, mindfulness-based intervention, cost-effectiveness research, positive psychology and tobacco control policy study.
- Fung SSW, Lam TH, Sun Y*, Man PKW, Ip JCM, Wan ANT, Stewart S, Ho SY (2020). A cluster randomized controlled trial of more appreciation and less criticism in Hong Kong parents. J Fam Psychol, 34(6), 731-739. DOI: 10.1037/fam0000628 (*corresponding author)
- Sun Y, Luk TT, Wang MP, Shen C, Ho SY, Viswanath K, Chan SSC, Lam TH (2019). The reliability and validity of the Chinese Short Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale in the general population of Hong Kong. Qual Life Res, 28(10), 2813-2820. DOI: 10.1007/s11136-019-02218-5
- Sun Y, Moller J, Lundin A, Wong SYS, Yip BHK, Forsell Y (2018). Utilization of psychiatric care and antidepressants among people with different severity of depression: a population-based cohort study in Stockholm, Sweden. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol, 53(6), 607-615. DOI: 10.1007/s00127-018-1515-0
- Wong SYS, Sun Y, Chan ATY, Leung MKW, Chao DVK, Li CCK, Chan KKH, Tang WK, Mazzucchelli T, AU AML, Yip BHK (2018). Treating subthreshold depression in primary care: a randomized controlled trial of behavioral activation with mindfulness. Ann Fam Med, 16(2), 111-119. DOI: 10.1370/afm.2206
- Liu Z, Sun Y, Zhong BL (2018). Mindfulness-based stress reduction for family carers of people with dementia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 8(8), CD012791. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD012791.pub2