Division of Health Economics, Policy and Management
Nimisha Vandan, PhD, is working as a Post-doctoral Fellow in the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, School of Public Health at The University of Hong Kong. She recently completed her PhD from The University of Hong Kong. Her interests involve ethnic and racial minority health status, access to healthcare, patients’ experience with healthcare system, cultural competency of healthcare professionals, health system responsiveness and mental health of vulnerable population. She also has great interest in understanding the role of politics and socio-economic determinants of health on different gender. She has research experience on Tuberculosis treatment (DOTS) approach and physician’s knowledge in India. She did her Masters in International Health from The University of Tokyo, Japan and Bachelors in Pharmacy from India.
- N. Vandan, Wong, J., & Fong, D. (2019). Accessing health care: Experiences of South Asian ethnic minority women in Hong Kong. Nursing & Health Sciences, 21(1), 93-101. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30156370/
- Vandan, N., Wong, J., Lee, J., Yip, P., & Fong, D. (2020). Challenges of healthcare professionals in providing care to South Asian ethnic minority patients in Hong Kong: A qualitative study. Health & Social Care in the Community, 28(2), 591-601. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31750578/
- N. Vandan, J.Y.-H. Wong, W.-J. Gong, P.S.-F. Yip, D.Y.-T. Fong. (2020). Health system responsiveness in Hong Kong: a comparison between South Asian and Chinese patients’ experiences. Public Health, Volume 182, Pages 81-87. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0033350620300299
- N. Vandan, M. Ali, R. Prasad, C. Kuroiwa, Assessment of doctors' knowledge regarding tuberculosis management in Lucknow, India: A public–private sector comparison, Public Health, Volume 123, Issue 7, 2009, Pages 484-489. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19560176/
- Vandan N, Ali M, Prasad R, Kuroiwa C. Physicians' knowledge regarding the recommended anti-tuberculosis prescribed medication regimen: a cross-sectional survey from Lucknow, India. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2008; 39 (6):1072‐1075. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19062697/