The School of Public Health has an internationally recognized track record of innovative and groundbreaking research in public health, and enjoys a leading regional reputation in postgraduate and professional education and training.
The application period for admissions in 2023-24 commenced on September 1, 2022 and the application dates are as follows:
|HKU Presidential PhD Scholar Programme (HKU-PS)#||
September 1, 2022 - August 31, 2023
|Hong Kong PhD Fellowship (HKPF)*
||Initial Application to the Research Grants Council (RGC):
September 1, 2022 noon - December 1, 2022 noon
Full Application to HKU:
September 1, 2022 - December 1, 2022
September 1, 2022- December 1, 2022
|1st Clearing Round||
December 2, 2022 - April 30, 2023
|2nd Clearing Round||
May 1, 2023 - August 31, 2023
# For further details on the HKU-PS Scheme, please visit the Graduate School’s website (https://gradsch.hku.hk/prospective_students/fees_scholarships_and_financial_support/hku_presidential_phd_scholar_programme)
* For further details on the HKPF Scheme, please visit the RGC's website (http://www.rgc.edu.hk/hkphd)
Major Research Clusters and HKU-Pasteur Research Pole
- Influenza and other infections of public health significance
- Non-communicable diseases in global health
- HKU-Pasteur Research Pole
- Three postgraduate courses as specified by the Departmental Research Postgraduate Committee.
- Annual seminar presentation on research progress.
- Probationary written progress reports.
- Active participation in the bi-weekly journal club and annual scientific retreat.
- Regular attendance at research seminars and active participation in extra-departmental courses, workshops, symposia and conferences.
Video Introducing the Research Postgraduate Studies at School Public Health
Contact our Departmental Postgraduate Admission Advisor
Professor Cowling, Benjamin John
Please click HERE for further details on the research postgraduate programmes offered by the LKS Faculty of Medicine.