Dr Horace Choi obtained his PhD from the School of Public Health at The University of Hong Kong. His research interests cover health economics, infectious diseases modelling, effectiveness of cancer treatments and cancer epidemiology. He worked intensively on modelling the infection of human papillomavirus (HPV) and its development to cervical cancer using a dynamic transmission model between females and males. The outcomes linked to the cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA) of HPV vaccination and cervical screening for females in Hong Kong. Dr Choi also conducted various cancer research analyses, with particular foci on nasopharyngeal and gastrointestinal cancers, including multi-center clinical trials, CEAs of targeted therapy and immunotherapy, quality-of-life studies and network meta-analyses.
- Lee SF, Choi HCW, Chan KSK, Lam KO, Lee VHF, Wong IOL, Chiang CL. Comparison of cost-effectiveness of anti-EGFR versus anti-VEGF antibodies in K-RAS wild type (WT), RAS WT and RAS WT left-sided metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC). Frontiers in Oncology. 2021; 11:651299.
- Phua LC, Choi HCW, Wu J, Jit M, Low J, Ng K, Pearce F, Hall C, Abdul Aziz MI. Cost-effectiveness analysis of the nonavalent human papillomavirus vaccine for the prevention of cervical cancer in Singapore. Vaccine. 2021; 39(16):2255-2263.
- Chiang CL, Chan KSK, Lee SF, Choi HCW. First-line atezolizumab plus bevacizumab versus sorafenib in hepatocellular carcinoma: A cost-effectiveness analysis. Cancers. 2021; 13(5):931.
- Sung WWY, Choi HCW, Luk PHY, So TH. Comparison of upfront treatments for metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer: a cost-effectiveness analysis of docetaxel, abiraterone, enzalutamide, and apalutamide. Frontiers in Oncology. 2021; 11:627083.
- Choi HCW, Chan KSK, Lam KO, Chan SY, Chau SC, Kwong DLW, Leung TW, Luk MY, Lee AWM, Lee VHF. The most efficacious induction chemotherapy regimen for locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A network meta-analysis. Frontiers in Oncology. 2021; 11:626145.
- Chiang CL, Chan KSK, Lee MSF, Wong IOL, Choi HCW*. Cost-effectiveness of pembrolizumab as a second-line therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma. JAMA Network Open. 2021; 4(1):e2033761. [*corresponding author]
- Choi HCW, Lam KO, Pang H, Tsang SKC, Ngan RKC, Lee AWM. Global comparison of cancer outcomes: standardization and correlation with healthcare expenditures. BMC Public Health 2019; 19:1065.
- Choi HCW, Jit M, Leung GM, Tsui KL, Wu JT. Simultaneously characterizing the comparative economics of routine female adolescent nonavalent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination and assortativity of sexual mixing in Hong Kong Chinese: a modelling analysis. BMC Medicine 2018; 16:127.
- Choi HCW, Leung GM, Woo PPS, Jit M, Wu JT. Acceptability and uptake of female adolescent HPV vaccination in Hong Kong: a survey of mothers and adolescents. Vaccine 2013; 32(1):78-84.
- Choi CW*, Lee MCH, Ng WT, Law LY, Yau TK, Lee AWM. An analysis of the efficacy of serial screening for familial nasopharyngeal carcinoma based on Markov chain models. Familial Cancer 2011; 10(1):133-139. [*corresponding author]