Haogao Gu completed his bachelor of medicine degree at Sun Yat-sen University and obtained his PhD degree in infectious diseases in the University of Hong Kong.
Haogao Gu’s early researches involved epidemiological analysis and modelling of different infectious diseases. Later he mainly focused on studying the evolution of different infectious pathogens by genomic analyses with next-generation sequencing and bioinformatic methods. In recent years, his primary research interests include virus evolution and different sequence features in viral genome.
- Haogao Gu, Daniel KW Chu, Malik Peiris, and Leo LM Poon. “Multivariate analyses of codon usage of SARS-CoV-2 and other betacoronaviruses.” Virus Evolution 6, no. 1 (2020): veaa032. [2019 IF = 5.549] (Ranked 4th out of 37 under the category of “Virology”)(Citation: 8)
- Sah, Ranjit, Alfonso J. Rodriguez-Morales, Runa Jha, Daniel KW Chu, Haogao Gu, Malik Peiris, Anup Bas- tola et al. ”Complete genome sequence of a 2019 novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) strain isolated in Nepal.” Microbiology Resource Announcements 9, no. 11 (2020). [2020 IF not available](Citation: 68)
- Haogao Gu, Rebecca LY Fan, Di Wang, and Leo LM Poon. “Dinucleotide evolutionary dynamics in influenza A virus.” Virus Evolution 5, no. 2 (2019): vez038. [2019 IF = 5.549] (Ranked 4th out of 37 under the category of “Virology”)(Citation: 6)
- Al-Ghadeer, Hussain, Daniel KW Chu, Ehab MA Rihan, Ehab M. Abd-Allah, Haogao Gu, Alex WH Chin, Ibrahim A. Qasim et al. ”Circulation of Influenza A (H5N8) Virus, Saudi Arabia.” Emerging Infectious Dis- eases 24, no. 10 (2018): 1961. [2019 IF = 6.259] (Ranked 7th out of 93 under the category of ’infectious disease’)(Citation: 6)
- Gu Haogao, Ross Ka-Kit Leung, Jing Qinlong, et al. Meteorological Factors for Precise Dengue Fever Control and Prevention in South China, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 13(9), 867. [2017 IF = 2.849] (Ranked 32nd out of 170 under the category of ’Public, Environmental and Occupational Health’)(Citation: 19)
- Tianmu Chen, Haogao Gu* (co-first author), Ross Ka-Kit Leung, et al. Evidence-based interventions of norovirus outbreaks, BMC Public Health, 16(1), (2016): 1072. [2016 IF = 2.837] (Ranked 21st out of 90 under the category of “Health Studies”)(Citation: 17)
- Gu Hao-gao, Zhang Wang-jian, Xu Hao, et al. Estimating Risk Region of Avian Influenza (H7N9) Epidemic in China, Chinese Journal of Epidemiology, 2015, 36(5): 470-475. [2020 IF not available](Citation: 2)