Leung, Man Chi Candi
Division of Community Medicine and Public Health Practice
- BSocSc, MPhil, PhD
Dr Leung obtained her PhD degree in Population Mental Health and her MPhil degree in Clinical Psychology from The University of Hong Kong. Prior to her doctoral training. Dr Leung had over 10 years of research experience pertaining to mental health. She has led a number of large-scale psychiatric epidemiological studies and clinical trial studies on multidisciplinary interventions.During her doctoral studies, she has substantially contributed to several projects, including the real-time monitoring of population mental health in Hong Kong during the 2019-20 social unrest and COVID-19 pandemic, a COVID-19 and mental health study in Wuhan during its cordon sanitaire, and the WHO World Mental Health Composite International Diagnostic Interview-5. Her primary research interests are anxiety, depression, posttraumatic stress, suicidality, as well as the emerging and prevailing determinants of population mental health.
- Leung CMC, Ho MK, Bharwani AA, Cogo-Moreira H, Wang Y, Chow MSC, Fan X, Galea S, Leung GM, Ni MY. Mental disorders following COVID-19 and other epidemics: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Translational Psychiatry 2022; 12: 205.
- Ni MY, Leung CMC, Leung GM. The epidemiology of population mental wellbeing in China. The Lancet Public Health 2020; 5(12): e631-632.
- Ni MY, Yang L, Leung CMC, Li N, Yao XI, Wang Y, Leung GM, Cowling BJ, Liao Q. Mental health, risk factors, and social media use during the COVID-19 epidemic and cordon sanitaire among the community and health professionals in Wuhan, China: cross-sectional survey. JMIR Mental Health 2020; 7(5): e19009.
- Ni MY, Yao XI, Leung KSM, Yau C, Leung CMC, Lun P, Flores FP, Chang WC, Cowling BJ, Leung GM. Depression and post-traumatic stress during major social unrest in Hong Kong: a 10-year prospective cohort. The Lancet 2020; 395(10220): 273-284.
- Cheng S, Leung CMC, Chan KL, Chen PP, Chow YF, Chung JWY, Law ACB, Lee JSW, Leung EMF, Tam CWC. The relationship of self-efficacy to catastrophizing and depressive symptoms in community-dwelling older adults with chronic pain: a moderated mediation model. PLoS One 2018; 13: e0203964.
- Lee S, Creed FH, Ma YL, Leung CMC. Somatic symptom burden and health anxiety in the population and their correlates. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 2015; 78: 71-76.
- Lee S, Leung CMC, Kwok KPS, Ng KL. A community-based study of the relationship between somatic and psychological distress in Hong Kong. Transcultural Psychiatry 2015; 52: 594-615.
- Lee S, Lam IMH, Kwok KPS, Leung CMC. A community-based epidemiological study of health anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder. Journal of Anxiety Disorders 2014; 28: 187-194.
- Law CK, Leung CMC. Temporal patterns of charcoal burning suicides among the working age population in Hong Kong SAR: the influence of economic activity status and sex. BMC Public Health 2012; 12: 505-511.