- MD (Charles), MBA (Lond)
Dr Dana Vackova is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Public Health (SPH) in the LKS Faculty of Medicine, which she joined in 2006. She is responsible for coordinating SPH undergraduate courses, planning and developing the MBBS curriculum, SPH MBBS courses coordination and undergraduate teaching. She developed MBBS courses such as interdisciplinary HRP, Occupational Medicine, Challenges in Health Care Management and online Global Health course for Enrichment Year students. She is also a member of the LKS Faculty of Medicine PBL committee, MBBS Year 3 Enrichment Year Humanitarian Services committee and BIMHSE Taskforce for Inter-professional education.
Dr Vackova received grants for medical education research and presented her research results at medical education conferences in Hong Kong and abroad. She is an author of many cases for MBBS Problem Based Learning (PBL) and case studies for SPH MBBS students.Dr Vackova is a Fellow of The Hong Kong College of Community Medicine, HKAM (Community Medicine) and the Higher Education Academy . Prior to moving to Hong Kong, Dr Vackova worked as an internal medicine specialist and counsellor for the Health Insurance System and Drug Policy at the Ministry of Health, Czech Republic.
- Fong S.M., Vackova D., Choi W.M., Cheng T.Y.Y., Yam T.T.T. and Guo X., Diversity of activity participation determines bone mineral content in the lower limbs of pre-pubertal children with developmental coordination disorder, Osteoporosis International. 2018, 29: 917-925. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00198-017-4361-0 (Publication No. : 284451)
- Fong S.M., Chung M.Y.L.O.U.I.S.A., Bae Y.O.U.N.G.-.H.Y.E.O., Vackova D., Ma W.W.A.I.D.A. and Liu P.Y., Neuromuscular Processes in the Control of Posture in Children with Developmental Coordination Disorder: Current Evidence and Future Research Directions, In: Dr. John Cairney, University of Toronto, Section: Disorders of Motor, Section Editor: Dr. Peter H. Wilson, Dr. Amanda Kirby, Springer Current Develomental Disorders Report. Springer, Springer Nature, 2018, 5 Issue 1: 43-45. http://dx.doi.org/DOI 10.1007/s40474-018-0130-9 (Publication No. : 294774)
- Mohammed B.H., Johnston J.M., Vackova D., Hassen S.M. and Yi H.S., The role of male partner in utilization of maternal health care services in Ethiopia: A community-based couple study, BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth . 2019, 19(1): 28. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12884-019-2176-z (Publication No. : 296796)
- So E.C.T., Fung F.H.F., Yeung J.K.H., Chow L.H.Y., Kwok J.S.H., Lam R.L.Y., So T.C.Y., Yu F.S.M., Vackova D. and Leung G.K.K., Patient perception of physician attire before and after disclosure of the risks of microbial contamination, The International Journal of Medical Students. 2013, 1(3): 109-114. (Publication No. : 227084)
- So N.Y.H., Yap P.M., Chak W.W.S., Chan K.T.C., Chow N.K.W., Chung F.K.L., Lin P.H., See B.M.K., Tsang J.T.W., Yao I.Y., Yeung C.Y., YAM T.T.T., CHENG T.Y.Y., Vackova D. and Fong S.M., Activity participation and neuromuscular fitness of medical students: A cross-sectional study, International Journal of Sports and Physical Education. 2018, 4: 6-12. http://dx.doi.org/10.20431/2454-6380.0403002 (Publication No. : 288398)
- Vackova D., Chen K., LUI N.M.J. and Johnston J.M., A validation study of public health knowledge, skills, social responsibility and applied learning, International Journal of Medical Education. 2018, 9: 175-81. http://dx.doi.org/10.5116/ijme.5b1b.910d (Publication No. : 286350)