Dr Corine Wong joined the School of Public Health in 2021 and is currently Research Assistant Professor in the Division of Community Medicine and Public Health Practice. She obtained her PhD from the University of Hong Kong. Prior to doctoral training, she was the Project Coordinator of the Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey (HKMMS), the first territory-wide psychiatric epidemiological study in Hong Kong. She worked as the Chief Coordinator of the Hong Kong Youth Epidemiological Study of Mental Health (HK-YES) after her graduation. Her research focuses on youth mental health including epidemiology of mental disorders, longitudinal outcomes of mental health of youth over the long term, and also the digital health assessment and intervention. She also participates actively in collaborative research in studying the determinants of different mental disorders in Hong Kong and across the globe.
- Chan JKN*, Wong CSM*, Or PCF, Chen EYH, Chang WC. Risk of mortality and complications in patients with schizophrenia and diabetes mellitus: population-based cohort study. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2021. [Epub ahead of print] (*Joint co-first author)
- Chan JKN, Wong CSM, Yung NCL, Chen EYH, Chang WC. Pre-existing chronic physical morbidity and excess mortality in people with schizophrenia: a population-based cohort study. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2021. [Epub ahead of print]
- Chan JKN, Wong CSM, Or PCF, Chen EYH, Chang WC. Diabetes complication burden and patterns and risk of mortality in people with schizophrenia and diabetes: A population-based cohort study with 16-year follow-up. European Neuropsychopharmacology. 2021;53:79-88.
- Wong SMY, Hui CLM, Wong CSM, Suen YN, Chan SKW, Lee EHM, Chang WC, Chen EYH. Mental Health Risks after Repeated Exposure to Multiple Stressful Events during Ongoing Social Unrest and Pandemic in Hong Kong: The Role of Rumination. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 2021;66(6):577-85.
- Wong SMY, Hui CLM, Wong CSM, Suen YN, Chan SKW, Lee EHM, Chang WC, Chen EYH. Prospective prediction of PTSD and depressive symptoms during social unrest and COVID-19 using a brief online tool. Psychiatry Research. 2021;298:113773.
- Yung NCL, Wong CSM, Chan JKN, Chen EYH, Chang WC. Excess mortality and life-years lost in people with schizophrenia and other non-affective psychoses: an 11-Year population-based cohort study. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 2020;47(2):474-84.
- Wu KK, Leung PWL, Wong CSM, Yu PMW, Luk BTC, Cheng JPK, Wong RMF, Wong PPS, Lui JCC, Ngan JCF, Leung FLT, Lam LCW. The Hong Kong survey on the epidemiology of trauma exposure and posttraumatic stress disorder. Journal of Traumatic Stress. 2019;32(5):664-76.
- Chang WC*, Wong CSM*, CHEN EYH, Lam LCW, Chan WC, Ng RMK, et al. Lifetime prevalence and correlates of schizophrenia-spectrum, affective, and other non-affective psychotic disorders in the Chinese adult population. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 2017;43(6):1280-90. (*Joint co-first author)
- Wong CSM, Chan WC, Lam LCW, Law WY, Tang WY, Wong TY, et al. Living environment and psychological distress in the general population of Hong Kong. Procedia Environmental Sciences. 2016;36:78-81.
- Lam LCW, Wong CSM, Wang MJ, Chan WC, CHEN EYH, Ng RMK, et al. Prevalence, psychosocial correlates and service utilization of depressive and anxiety disorders in Hong Kong: the Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey (HKMMS). Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2015;50(9):1379-88.