Dr Jessica Wong joined the School of Public Health at the University of Hong Kong in 2014. She was originally trained in Statistics at the University of Waterloo (Canada) and later graduated with MPH in 2010 and PhD in 2014 at the University of Hong Kong.
Dr Wong’s research focus is in epidemiology of infectious diseases. Her primary research involves in optimizing methodology for real-time and retrospective estimation of disease burden and severity of influenza viruses at population level. She has also assisted in teaching the introductory module in biostatistics on the MPH curriculum since 2009.
- Li Q, Guan X, Wu P, Wang X, Zhou L, Tong Y, Ren R, Leung KSM, Lau EHY, Wong JY, Xing X, Xiang N, Wu Y, Li C, Chen Q, Li D, Liu T, Zhao J, Li M, Tu W, Chen C, Jin L, Yang R, Wang Q, Zhou S, Wang R, Liu H, Luo Y, Liu Y, Shao G, Li H, Tao Z, Yang Y, Deng Z, Liu B, Ma Z, Zhang Y, Shi G, Lam TTY, Wu JTK, Gao GF, Cowling BJ, Yang B, Leung GM, Feng Z. Early Transmission Dynamics in Wuhan, China, of Novel Coronavirus-Infected Pneumonia. New England Journal of Medicine, 2020 (in press)
- Wong JY, Goldstein E, Fang VJ, Cowling BJ, Wu P. Real-time estimation of the influenza-associated excess mortality in Hong Kong. Epidemiology and Infection, 2019. 147(e217):1-7.
- Wei VWI, Wong JY, Perera RAPM, Kwok KO, Fang VJ, Barr IG, Peiris JSM, Riley S, Cowling BJ. Incidence of influenza A(H3N2) virus infections in Hong Kong in a longitudinal sero-epidemiological study, 2009-2015. PLoS One, 2018. 13(5):e0197504.
- Li L, Wong JY, Wu P, Bond HS, Lau EHY, Sullivan SG, Cowling BJ. Heterogeneity in estimates of the impact of influenza on population mortality: a systematic review. American Journal of Epidemiology, 2018. 187(2):378-388.
- Wong JY, Wu P, Lau EHY, Tsang TK, Fang VJ, Ho LM, Cowling BJ. Real-time estimation of the hospitalization fatality risk of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 in Hong Kong. Epidemiology and Infection, 2016: 144(8):1579-83.
- Wong JY, Zhang W, Kargbo D, Haque U, Hu W, Wu P, Kamara A, Chen Y, Kargbo B, Glass GE, Yang Ruifu, Cowling BJ, Liu C. Assessment of the severity of Ebola virus disease in Sierra Leone in 2014-2015. Epidemiology and Infection, 2016: 144(7):1473-81.
- Wong JY, Kelly H, Cheung CM, Shiu EY, WuP, Ni MY, Ip DKM, Cowling BJ. Hospitalization fatality risk of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09: a systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Epidemiology, 2015: 182(4):294-301.
- Wong JY, Wu P, Goldstein E, Lau EHY, Ip DKM, Wu JT, Cowling BJ. Analysis of potential changes in seriousness of influenza A and B viruses in Hong Kong from 2001 to 2011. Epidemiology and Infection, 2015: 143(4):766-71.
- Wong JY, Kelly H, Ip DKM, Wu JT, Leung GM, Cowling BJ. Case fatality risk of influenza A(H1N1pdm09): a systematic review. Epidemiology 2013: 24(6):830-41.
Wong JY, Wu P, Nishiura H, Goldstein E, Lau EHY, Yang L, Chuang SK, Tsang T, Peiris JSM, Wu JT, Cowling BJ. The infection fatality risk of pandemic influenza A(H1N1) in Hong Kong in 2009. American Journal of Epidemiology 2013; 177(8):834-40.