Wong, Yuen Ting Jessica
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- BMath (Waterloo), MPH (Hong Kong), PhD (Hong Kong)
Dr Jessica Wong joined the School of Public Health at the University of Hong Kong in 2014. She was originally trained in Statistics at the University of Waterloo (Canada) and later graduated with MPH in 2010 and PhD in 2014 at the University of Hong Kong.
Dr Wong’s research focus is in epidemiology of infectious diseases. Her primary research involves in optimizing methodology for real-time and retrospective estimation of disease burden and severity of influenza viruses at population level. She is responsible for teaching the advanced module in biostatistical methods on the MPH curriculum.
joint- first(*) author
- Xin H, Wu P, Wong JY, Cheung JK, Lau EHY, Leung GM, Cowling BJ, Nealon J. Hospitalizations and mortality during the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic in Hong Kong, China: An observational study. The Lancet Regional Health - Western Pacific. 2023;30:100645.
- Leung VKY, Wong JY*, Barnes R, Kelso J, Milne GJ, Blyth CC, Cowling BJ, Moore HC, Sullivan SG. Excess respiratory mortality and hospitalizations associated with influenza in Australia, 2007-2015. International Journal of Epidemiology. 2022;51(2):458-67.
- Wong JY, Cheung CM, Bond HS, Cheung JK, Gao H, Fang VJ, Lau EHY, Cowling BJ, Wu P. Estimating excess septicaemia mortality and hospitalisation burden associated with influenza in Hong Kong, 1998 to 2019. Epidemiology and Infection. 2022;150:e101. (Online ahead of print)
- Mefsin YM, Chen D, Bond HS, Lin Y, Cheung JK, Wong JY, Ali ST, Lau EHY, Wu P, Leung GM, Cowling BJ. Epidemiology of Infections with SARS-CoV-2 Omicron BA.2 Variant, Hong Kong, January-March 2022. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2022;28(9):1856-8.
- Xin H, Wong JY, Murphy C, Yeung A, Ali ST, Wu P, Cowling BJ. The Incubation Period Distribution of Coronavirus Disease 2019: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2021;73(12):2344-52.
- Adam DC, Wu P, Wong JY, Lau EHY, Tsang TK, Cauchemez S, Leung GM, Cowling BJ. Clustering and superspreading potential of SARS-CoV-2 infections in Hong Kong. Nature Medicine. 2020;26(11):1714-1719.
- Li Q, Guan X, Wu P, Wang X, Zhou L, Tong Y, Ren R, Leung KSM, Lau EHY, Wong JY, Xing X, Xiang N, Wu Y, Li C, Chen Q, Li D, Liu T, Zhao J, Li M, Tu W, Chen C, Jin L, Yang R, Wang Q, Zhou S, Wang R, Liu H, Luo Y, Liu Y, Shao G, Li H, Tao Z, Yang Y, Deng Z, Liu B, Ma Z, Zhang Y, Shi G, Lam TTY, Wu JTK, Gao GF, Cowling BJ, Yang B, Leung GM, Feng Z. Early Transmission Dynamics in Wuhan, China, of Novel Coronavirus-Infected Pneumonia. New England Journal of Medicine. 2020;382(13):1199-207.
- Wong JY, Goldstein E, Fang VJ, Cowling BJ, Wu P. Real-time estimation of the influenza-associated excess mortality in Hong Kong. Epidemiology and Infection, 2019. 147(e217):1-7.
- Li L, Wong JY, Wu P, Bond HS, Lau EHY, Sullivan SG, Cowling BJ. Heterogeneity in estimates of the impact of influenza on population mortality: a systematic review. American Journal of Epidemiology, 2018. 187(2):378-388.
- Wong JY, Wu P, Lau EHY, Tsang TK, Fang VJ, Ho LM, Cowling BJ. Real-time estimation of the hospitalization fatality risk of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 in Hong Kong. Epidemiology and Infection, 2016: 144(8):1579-83.