Dr Peng Wu was originally trained in clinical medicine in China and later graduated with a PhD from the School of Public Health of the University of Hong Kong. She is responsible for an introductory module in infectious diseases in the MPH curriculum. Dr Wu's primary research area is infectious disease epidemiology. She has a growing interest in the epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance, as well as a continued interest in influenza (seasonal and avian influenza), RSV, hand, foot and mouth disease and other emerging respiratory infections. Her research involves investigation of the burden and transmission dynamics of infectious diseases, and using knowledge of underlying mechanisms to optimize the use of control measures.
joint- first( † )/corresponding(*) author
- Tsang TK, Wu P*, Lin Y, Lau EHY, Leung GM, Cowling BJ. Effect of changing case definitions for COVID-19 on the epidemic curve and transmission parameters in mainland China: a modelling study. Lancet Public Health. 2020 https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-2667(20)30089-X
- Cowling BJ, Ali ST, Ng TWY, Tsang TK, Li JCM, Fong MW, Liao Q, Kwan MYW, Lee SL, Chiu SS, Wu JT, Wu P*, Leung GM. Impact assessment of non-pharmaceutical interventions against coronavirus disease 2019 and influenza in Hong Kong: an observational study. Lancet Public Health 2020 ttps://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-2667(20)30090-6.
- Chui CSL, Cowling BJ, Lim WW Hui CKM, Chan EW, Wong ICK, Wu P.Patterns of Inpatient Antibiotic Use Among Public Hospitals in Hong Kong from 2000 to 2015.Drug Saf2020; 43(6):595–606.
- Li Q, Guan X, Wu P†, Wang X, Zhou L, Tong Y, Ren R, Leung KSM, Lau EHY, Wong JY, Xing X, Xiang N, Wu Y, Li C, Chen Q, Li D, Liu T, Zhao J, Liu M, Tu W, Chen C, Jin L, Yang R, Wang Q, Zhou S, Wang R, Liu H, Luo Y, Liu Y, Shao G, Li H, Tao Z, Yang Y, Deng Z, Liu B, Ma Z, Zhang Y, Shi G, Lam TTY, Wu JT, Gao GF, Cowling BJ, Yang B, Leung GM, Feng Z. Early Transmission Dynamics in Wuhan, China, of Novel Coronavirus-Infected Pneumonia. N Eng J Med 2020; 382(13):1199-1207.
- Wu P, Hao X, Lau EHY, Wong JY, Leung KSM, Wu JT, Cowling BJ, Leung GM. Real-time tentative assessment of the epidemiological characteristics of novelcoronavirusinfections inWuhan, China, as at 22 January 2020. Euro Surveil 2020; 25(3). doi: 10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2020.25.3.2000044.
- Li L, Liu Y, Wu P*, Peng Z, Wang X, Chen T, Wong JY, Yang J, Bond H, Wang L, Lau YC, Zheng J, Feng S, Qin Y, Fang VJ, Jiang H, Lau EHY, Liu S, Qi J, Zhang J, Yang J, He Y, Zhou M, Cowling BJ, Feng L, Yu H. Influenza-associated excess respiratory mortality in mainland China, 2010/11 through 2014/15, a population-based study. Lancet Public Health 2019; 4(9):e473-e481
- Lim WW, Wu P*, Ni K, Bong HS, Wong JYT, Fang VJ, Cowling BJ. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Asia Pacific: a systematic review. J Glob Antimicrob Re 2018;16:17-27.
- Cowling BJ, Wu P†, Janice LYC, Chan K-H, Chan ELY, Fang VJ, So L-Y, Peiris JSM, Chiu SS. Population-based hospitalization burden of lineage specific influenza B children in Hong Kong, 2004-2014. Clin Infect Dis 2017;65(2):300-307.
- Wu P, Jiang H, Wu JT, Chen E, He J, Zhou H, Wei L, Yang J, Yang B, Qin Y, Fang VJ, Li M, Tsang TK, Zheng J, Lau EHY, Cao Y, Chai C, Zhong H, Li Z, Leung GM, Feng L, Gao GF, Cowling BJ, Yu H. Poultry market closures and human infection with influenza A(H7N9) virus, China, 2013-14. Emerg Infect Dis. 2014; 20(11):1891–94.
- Wu P, Goldstein E, Ho LM, Yang L, Nishiura H, Wu JT, Ip DKM, Lau EHY, Chuang S-K, Tsang T, Cowling BJ. Excess mortality associated with influenza A and B virus in Hong Kong, 1998-2009. J Infect Dis. 2012. 206:1862