Hong Kong International Conference on “Individual and population immunity” (8-10 November 2023)
We are excited to announce that the international conference on "Individual and population immunity to respiratory viruses" will take place at Harbour Grand Hotel, Hong Kong on 8-10 November 2023.
Date: 8-10 November 2023
Venue: Harbour Grand Hotel, Hong Kong
In this scientific meeting, we will discuss the following questions relating to influenza, COVID-19, RSV, and other respiratory viruses:
- What are the available approaches to the measurement of immunity against respiratory virus infections in individuals?
- What are the immune correlates of protection against infection or severe disease and which of these are induced temporarily or permanently by prior natural infection or different types of vaccination?
- What is the role of mucosal immunity and how well does it correlate with protection and transmission?
- At the population level, what are the factors which contribute to increased susceptibility of populations to respiratory virus epidemics? This will include immunity in individuals, and may also include other host, viral and environmental factors and their interactions.
- How should we best deploy new and existing vaccines to reduce the impact of respiratory virus epidemics and pandemics?
- What are other immunological mechanisms relevant to the development and evaluation of the next generation of vaccines, including broadly protective “universal” vaccines? This will include updates on T cell-based vaccines and new vaccine platforms, and the role of adjuvants.
- How does imprinting affect individual and population immunity?
- How does viral evolution impact on population immunity?
Registration is now open and abstract submission deadline is on 28 July 2023.
Stay up-to-date with information on the conference on our website.
For enquiries, please contact email@example.com.