Nine SPH Academics Named Amongst the World's Most Highly Cited Researchers in 2022
Nine faculty members from our School have been named by Clarivate in its list of “Highly Cited Researchers 2022” as the most influential in the world. Their works have been highly cited by fellow academics and are hence making a significant impact on ongoing research in their respective fields of study.
Our nine Highly Cited Researchers are:
- Professor Ester Cerin, Honorary Professor
- Professor Ben Cowling, Chair Professor of Epidemiology, and Head of Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Dr Eric Lau, Scientific Officer
- Professor Gabriel Leung, Honorary Clinical Professor
- Professor Malik Peiris, Tam Wah-Ching Professor in Medical Science, and Chair Professor of Virology
- Professor Leo Poon, Professor and Head of Division of Public Health Laboratory Sciences
- Dr Peng Wu, Assistant Professor
- Professor Joseph Wu, Professor
- Dr Hui-ling Yen, Associate Professor
Highly Cited Researchers are selected for their exceptional research performance, determined by production of multiple highly cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year in Web of Science. Some 6,900 researchers from 69 countries and regions are named Highly Cited Researchers in 2022.
The School extends our heartfelt congratulations to our top scholars.