Ten SPH Academics Named Amongst The World’s Highly Cited Researchers in 2023
Ten faculty members from our School have been named by Clarivate in its list of “Highly Cited Researchers 2023” as the most influential in the world. Their works have been highly cited by fellow academics and are hence making a significant impact on ongoing research in their respective fields of study.
Our ten Highly Cited Researchers are:
- Professor Ester Cerin, Honorary Professor
- Professor Ben Cowling, Chair Professor of Epidemiology and Head of Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Dr Eric Lau, Honorary Assistant Professor
- Professor Gabriel Leung, Honorary Clinical Professor
- Dr Kathy Leung, Assistant Professor
- Professor Malik Peiris, Tam Wah-Ching Professor in Medical Science and Chair Professor of Virology
- Professor Leo Poon, Chair Professor of Public Health Virology and Head of Division of Public Health Laboratory Sciences
- Professor Joseph Wu, Professor
- Dr Peng Wu, Assistant Professor
- Dr Hui-ling Yen, Associate Professor
Highly Cited Researchers are selected for their exceptional research performance, determined by production of multiple highly cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year in Web of Science. Some 6,849 researchers from 67 countries and regions are named Highly Cited Researchers in 2023.
The School extends our heartfelt congratulations to our top scholars.